LAS VEGAS (Dec. 9, 2013) – This winter season, head over to Double Helix Wine & Whiskey Lounge at Town Square to taste the new cocktails made exclusively for the holidays and healthy new menu items just in time to help with the New Year’s resolutions.
Sit around the outside fire pits on the patio and keep in the holiday spirit with five flavorful cocktails including the ever-popular Irish Coffee and the unique Ladies of Bourbon.
Seasonal cocktails include:
- Hot Toddy, the famous drink we all know and love made with in-house barrel-aged whiskey and blended with toddy mix, hot water, agave and freshly squeezed lemons
- Irish Coffee, a classic libation combining Jameson Irish Whiskey, brown sugar simple syrup and hot coffee topped with sweet whipped cream
- Ladies of Bourbon, a dessert variation on the Manhattan is a blend of Basil Hayden’s, white crème de cocoa and amaretto chilled in a cool cocktail glass and then topped with a Luxardo cherry
- Autumn Breeze, a spicier mix of rye, lemon juice, blackberry syrup and a touch of Benedectine
Pair a cocktail with one of the new healthy menu items including the “Double Triple”, seared yellowfin tuna, porcini crusted salmon and honey roasted butternut squash.
New menu items include:
- Double Triple, a taste of three cheeses and three charcuterie selections
- Seared yellowfin tuna, withmarinated English cucumber, garlic aioli, jalapeno and unagui sauce on toasted lavash
- Porcini crusted salmon, served with sun dried tomato garbanzo stew and spinach
- Honey roasted butternut squash, served with baby spinach
Double Helix Wine & Whiskey Lounge is located at Town Square Las Vegas and open Monday through Friday 3:30 p.m. – close and Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. – close. Happy
|Ladies of Bourbon|
|Seared Yellowfin Tuna|
|Honey Roasted Butternut Squash|
About Double Helix Wine & Restaurant Group
Established in 2007, Double Helix Wine & Restaurant Group is owned and operated with two locations in Las Vegas. Located in the heart of The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian and The Palazzo,Double Helix’s nearly 2,100-square-foot space features a circular lounge where guests can savor more than 50 wines by the glass. All wines are available in taste portions, glass servings or as part of a customizable tasting flight. The adjacent Double Helix Boutique offers 200+ bottles of rare and hard-to-find labels from all over the world, plus a selection of wine books, unique wine accessories, wine-infused gourmet foods and specialty spirits. In addition to The Palazzo location, Double Helix is also located in Town Square Las Vegas. The 2,800-square-foot space features a full bar offering more than 30 unique wines by the glass and 50 whiskeys. Visit doublehelixwine.com for more information and keep up with Double Helix events and news on Facebook and Twitter.